top of page

Faith Ministry

Public·2 friends

07OCT23

⚔️🛡️CONVICTION🛡️⚔️

➡️Greek word 1651 [John 8:9, “and they which heard it”] “to confute, admonish: - convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove”

[1] “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.” [Acts 7:51]

“However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands; as the prophet says: ‘Heaven is My throne, And earth is the footstool of My feet; What kind of house will you build for Me?’ says the Lord, ‘Or what place is there for My repose? Was it not My hand which made all these things?’” [Acts 7:49-50]

[2] The prophet referred to here was named Stephen, who was accused of blaspheming Moses [Acts 6:12] and stoned to death [Acts 7:59-60] over challenging the calculation of descendants [Genesis 46:27; Exodus 1:5 and Genesis 46:20].

[3] Since Stephen was full of the Spirit [v.55] and was one with the Lord - the Spirit [1 Corinthians 6:17], to oppose him was to oppose the Holy Spirit. Our spirit has been regenerated by the Spirit of God [John 3:6], who is now in us [1 Corinthians 6:19] and is one in our spirit [Romans 8:16]. This is the realization of the Lord, who became the life-giving Spirit through resurrection [1 Corinthians 15:45; 2 Corinthians 3:17] and is now with our spirit [2 Timothy 4:22].

[4] “The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.”

- 1 Corinthians 15:56-58

About

Unleash the Power of Faith & Love Through Education We belie...
bottom of page